News And Notices
11 April 2019
The France-Visas portal is now the single portal containing all the information needed to guide you in your process and assist you at every stage of your application (file preparation, entry, filing and follow-up of your application).
From Monday, 15 April 2019, the visa application forms (Short Stay and Long Stay) must imperatively be made up of:
- visa application form completed online via France-Visas, duly printed, dated and signed;
- the receipt of registration of the application on France-Visas;
- supporting documents in accordance with the list of documents from France-Visas.
Without these three documents, visa applicants will not be able to file their applications with VFS Global Centers, in Nur-Sultan or in Almaty.
Visa applicants are invited to make arrangements to bring in the necessary documents on the day of visa application.
The visa service
Embassy of France in Nur-Sultan
07 March 2019
For the attention of visa applicants,
Due to Naouryz's holidays, the visa department of the French Embassy in Astana will be closed from Thursday 21 March 2019 to Monday 25 March 2019 inclusive.
The French Embassy in Astana therefore invites visa applicants wishing to travel to France for the Naouryz to make arrangements to file their applications as soon as possible.
All passports issued after Thursday, 14 March 2019 will not be withdrawn by their holders until Tuesday, 26 March 2019.
Indeed, visa centers operated by VFS Global will also be closed from Thursday 21 March 2019 to Monday 25 March 2019: it will not be possible to apply for a visa or pick up a passport during these three days.
Thanks for your understanding,
The Visa Service
Embassy of France in Astana
16 January 2019
Dear Applicant for France visa!
We are informing you that the French Visa Center will open in Astana on 04 February 2019, at the address:
Kabanbay Batyr avenue 6/1
Also, from 04 February 2019, the French Visa Center in Almaty will begin receiving documents at the address:
Street Timiryazeva 28V
04 January 2019
For attention of visa applicants!
As part of the transfer of consular activities to the French Embassy in Astana, the visa department of the Consulate General of France in Almaty has ceased to receive visa application files.
A visa service will be open at the Embassy of France from Monday, 04 February 2019.
Pending the opening of the visa office in Astana, all nationals residing in Kazakhstan wishing to apply for a Schengen visa to travel to France can contact the Hungarian Consulate in Almaty: www.vengria.kz.
The Hungarian Consulate in Almaty will issue visas for France from 02 January to 01 February 2019.
For foreign nationals wishing to apply for a Long Stay visa, applications can only be submitted from 04 February 2019, after the opening of the visa office of the French Embassy in Astana.
The visa department
13 November 2018
For attention of Applicants:
In accordance with the action plan of the French Embassy in Kazakhstan dated 13 March 2018 defined by the Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs of the French Republic:
- The visa department of the Consulate General of France in Almaty will stop receiving applications for Schengen visa from 31 December 2018. For trip to France, Portugal or Switzerland , which will be in January 2019, we recommend to apply documents for Schengen visa from this moment in visa application center VFS France. For trip, which is planned in February 2019, we recommend to apply documents for Schengen visa from the beginning of December 2018.
- Visa department will opened in French Embassy in Astana from Monday 04 of February 2019. After visa department opening in Astana, applicant can apply documents for Schengen visa in two visa application centers VFS France in Astana and Almaty. This department will have jurisdiction to process applications for short-stay visas (Schengen) and long-stay visas (national visas) from foreign nationals residing in Kazakhstan. It will also be competent to treat Long Stay visa applications filed by foreign nationals residing in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
- From 31 December 2018, France will not give visas for Switzerland and Portugal. Applicants should contact the Swiss Embassy or the Austrian Embassy for visa to Portugal.
- Long Stay visa applications, in particular for students wishing to travel to France in order to complete their second semester of studies, must be submitted to Visa Application Center VFS Almaty before Monday 31 December 2018.
- Applications for short-stay visas (Schengen) for foreign nationals residing in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan will continue to be treated respectively in the Swiss Embassy in Bishkek and the German Embassy in Dushanbe.
30 March 2018
Launch of French Government “France-Visas” website. Visit this website for comprehensive information on visas and on how to apply: 1: check whether you need a visa and prepare your application; 2: check who can examine your application; 3: fill your visa application form and, if required: 4: book an appointment to submit your application in VFS GLOBAL visa application centre.
How to submit a visa application?
- You are kindly invited to visit the “France-Visas” official website where you will find guidelines describing the process to be followed to apply for a visa
- To check whether your application calls for a specific response: click on “Submit your application”, select the country where you intend to apply and the heading “Local features” will be displayed
At the end of the “France-Visas” process:
- A checklist of required supporting documents will be displayed: save it and print it;
- Your visa application form will be available for printing: save it and print it
- The page indicating how to book an appointment will be displayed;
- Click on the link to VFS appointment booking module
When the VFS module appointment system is displayed:
- Create a VFS account with your personal details (name, surname, email address, phone number)
- Choose a password: your password must contain between 8 and 15 characters with at least an upper letter, a lower letter, a digit and one of the following special characters : $ @ # ! % * ? & (no other character is allowed).
- The next screen will display a list of options, with “Schedule appointment”
- If you require an assistance: click on “?” (top right corner for online help)
To prepare yourself for your appointment at the visa application centre, you are invited to visit the France-Visas website page “Whom should I contact?” where you will find information under the heading “Appointment information”.
At the VFS centre, you will have to present:
- Your appointment confirmation letter
- The visa application form (automatically printed at the end of the France-Visas proves)
- The checklist of required documents (to be printed from the France-Visas website)
- The passport
- The required supporting documents
- The fees
Page “Whom should I contact?” of France-Visas website, you will find a link to the VFS tracking module.
The Premium Lounge Service is available for those customers who would like to experience a dedicated service with individual attention of one of our staff. This service provides the following amenities:
- A separate Premium service lounge
- Stylish surroundings with refreshments
- A personalized reception
- Magazines, newspapers and refreshment at your disposal
- A minimized waiting time to access the counters
- Photo booth and photocopy services included.
The PREMIUM service can be opted on arrival at the Visa Application Centre.
Availing the Premium Lounge Service does not mean that your visa will be processed faster.
- In addition to the basic service fees: KZT 15 000 per applicant
- Service to be paid in cash or by card
- A receipt is always given when paying the optional services (except for the automatic self-service machines)
- KAZAKHSTAN is a fairly wide spread country and distances to travel from one place to another can be time consuming, expensive and of course tiring
- To facilitate applicants, the VFS Global Visa Application Centre has contracted with DHL in Kazakhstan where your passport/documents can be returned through a courier service.
- With an excellent track record, DHL is able to deliver packages in almost every part of Kazakhstan at your doorsteps – saving applicants lot of time and money
- Please speak to the Submission Officer at the Visa Application Centre for more details
- This service is optional.
The courier service may be opted on:
- In the visa application centre
- KZT 4000 for a single passport
- KZT 8000 up to 5 passports at the same address (advised for families)
Courier After Submission Service
- The applicant can still opt for courier service after leaving the visa application centre;
- The applicant should contact the branch of any bank and pay the cost of this additional service
- call the helpline or submit the request via e-mail at: email@example.com to order the courier delivery of the processed passport with indication of first name, last name, reference number, address of courier delivery and contact telephone number.
- After the request is received at France Visa Application Center the applicant will be contacted via e-mail or telephone in order to confirm the courier delivery of his/her documents
- The delay of one way courier delivery is 1-5 calendar days.
- KZT 6500 for a single passport
Procedure to follow:
- Applicant can go to any branch of bank to pay for the courier fees.
- The applicant must contact to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the payment for courier service.
- After the payment is done ,the applicant has to send the scan copy of the receipt of payment made at the bank along with applicant’s details on the e-mail ID: email@example.com
- Once the confirmation of payment is received at Visa Application Center ,the passport will be sent to the applicant via DHL courier service at the address indicated in the request.
Photo Booth Facility
- Have your photo taken as per the specific requirement of the French regulations.
- KZT 800 (4 photos)
- The purchase of travel insurance is available at the VFS Global Visa Application Centre for FRANCE
- Please speak to the submission officer in the centre
- Depending on the travel insurance that is chosen
A photocopy service is available within the centre.
- KZT 200 per page
- Service to be paid in cash or by card
- Applicants can send an e-mail to our printout desks with the electronic documents for printing any pending documents related to their visa application.
- This service is available within the centre.
- Please speak to the Submission Officer or info officer at the Visa Application Centre for more details.
- KZT 200 per page
- Service to be paid in cash